Page Updated: June 25, 2021
R.M. of St. Andrews Office
Now that the Province has eased COVID-19 public health restrictions, the Municipal Office will re-open to the public at limited capacity beginning on Monday, June 28, 2021. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
If attending our offices, we ask that the following measures be adhered to:
- If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, please do not attend our offices.
- All meetings will be done by appointment only so if you are coming to speak with someone directly, please call or email to make an appointment.
- In order to adhere to physical distancing requirements, there will be a limit of 2 people in the office at one time.
- It is mandatory that anyone entering the office wear a face mask.
- Hand sanitizers are available and we request that anyone entering the office sanitize upon entry.
- All Council meetings will continue to be held virtually.
Our essential services continue to remain operational which include fire response, waste disposal grounds operation, public works and animal control.
We request that ratepayers use remote payment options for property tax payments when possible. These options include mailing a cheque, paying through online banking or using the mail slot located in front of the Municipal Office (leave cheque in envelope with your Roll Number written on it - do not leave cash). Any tax or general inquiries should be submitted through our Service Tracker system. More information on property taxes can be found on our Property Taxes webpage.
Please also be sure to include your name, complete address as well as phone number and detailed description of the issue or concern when leaving any voicemail messages for staff.
We continue to be in contact with all levels of government, including the Province, to obtain up to date information and will continue to monitor the situation as further restrictions are either implemented or lifted.
The Province of Manitoba’s website is the most accurate source for information. You can also contact Health Links-Info Sante at 204-788-8200 or toll free 1-888-315-9257 if you are experiencing symptoms or have questions.
Register for CONNECT and stay informed of the latest updates and information!
You can learn more about all the latest health orders by going to the Province of Manitoba's website.
We are paying close attention to every development and will make informed and responsible decisions regarding any necessary adjustments to normal practices as needed.
We thank everyone for their cooperation as we maneuver through this pandemic together.
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA - CASES AND RISK OF COVID-19 IN MANITOBA
COVID-19 TESTING INFORMATION
Why should you get tested?
TEMPORARY LICENCED CHILD-CARE SYSTEM
All Manitobans returning to work are now eligible to access the temporary child-care system to find a location that meets their needs: Temporary Licenced Child-Care
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA'S STATE OF EMERGENCY AND PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS
The Province of Manitoba has a State of Emergency and Special Public Health Orders in effect. To view information on these issues and how they may affect you or your business, go to the Province of Manitoba website.
At the bottom of the Province's webpage are Frequently Asked Questions which provide answers to many questions you may have in regards to operations of businesses or just general questions on how these orders may apply to you.
If you are unsure how the public health orders impact your business, you can contact Manitoba General Inquiry by email at email@example.com or by phone at 204-945-3744 or 1-866-MANITOBA (1-866-626-4862).
ONLINE TOOL TO CONNECT VOLUNTEERS SAFELY WITH MANITOBANS NEEDING ASSISTANCE
This new initiative by the Manitoba Government safely matches volunteer and community support to those needing goods and services such as groceries, medication, snow clearing and various other necessities. Residents in the greatest need, such as the elderly, disabled and those at high risk of contracting COVID-19 during the current global pandemic, will find the application very useful. Manitobans can access www.helpnextdoormb.ca directly or via www.Manitoba.ca/COVID19.
If you know of anyone needing assistance and they do not have access to the internet such as a friend, neighbour or family member, please reach out and register them on-line as this is a great opportunity to ensure those who require assistance get the help they need.
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA LAUNCHES PROGRAM TO HELP MANITOBANS COPE WITH ANXIETY RELATED TO COVID-19 - Click here for Questions and Answers
PUBLIC HEALTH AND VIRUS INFORMATION
For up-to-date information regarding personal preventative measures, testing and more, please go to the Province of Manitoba COVID-19 Public Health Website or the Government of Canada's dedicated webpage. For personal healthcare advice, you can call HealthLinks - Info Sante toll free at 1-888-325-9257 or visit the Interlake Eastern Regional Health Authority's webpage. Other general information on Health and Wellness can be found on our Recreation webpage Health and Wellness.
For information on the Province of Manitoba's Orders and Regulations, please visit Province of Manitoba.
FEDERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Service Canada Offices located across Manitoba are available to provide assistance for the CERB program as well as other employment related programming.
The Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) includes the following programs:
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
This program provides much needed credit for small businesses to pay for immediate operating costs such as payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, property tax or debt service. It is 100% funded by the Government of Canada.
EDC Loan Guarantee for Small and Medium Enterprises
This program provides credit and cash flow term loans to small and medium-sized enterprises. Canadian businesses in all sectors that were otherwise financially viable and revenue generating prior to the COVID-19 outbreak are eligible to apply. It allows financial institutions to issue operating credit and cash flow term loans of up to $6.25 million to existing clients, with 80% guaranteed by EDC. This money is to be used for operational expenses, not for dividend payouts, shareholder loans, bonuses, stock buyback, option issuance, increases to executive compensation or repayment/refinancing of other debt.
BDC Co-Lending Program for Small and Medium Enterprises
This program provides term loans for operational and liquidity needs of businesses, which could include interest payments on existing debt. Similar to the EDC program, this program is available to businesses that were financially viable and revenue-generating prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. Loans would be interest-only for the first 12 months, with a 10-year repayment period.
A MESSAGE FROM TRAVEL MANITOBA REGARDING MANITOBA'S TOURISM INDUSTRY
The Manitoba Government recently announced a new service that can help businesses, non-profit organizations and charities facing economic challenges due to COVID-19 connect to support programs like the 75% wage subsidy and the Canada Emergency Business Account, which offers interest-free loans of up to $40,000. We encourage you to take advantage of this provincial support. We also suggest you visit our new COVID-19 Manitoba Tourism Industry Toolkit, designed to assist Manitoba's tourism industry in navigating the available resources during this time.
CHANGES TO R.M. FACILITIES, SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
The following changes are in effect to help keep our employees and citizens safe and to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This information will be updated regularly as more information becomes available.
Essential services remain in operation.
- Fire Response - remains operational.
- Clandeboye and Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds and Eco-Centres - waste disposal grounds remain operational and all areas are now open. Please do not enter the Eco-Centre building and please practice social distancing and do not come within 2 meters of staff.
- Waste Disposal Ground Visits - Residents are requested to limit/minimize the frequency of visits to the waste disposal grounds at this time. Reduce your trips by composting on your own property, store recyclables and defer trips as much as possible.
- Animal Control - remains operational.
- Public Works Operations - operations will continue as usual but the public is requested to abide by the social distancing requirements and are advised to not approach public works staff. If you need to discuss an issue, please call the Public Works Office at 204-738-2076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Red River Planning District Office is open to the public. For more information visit their website www.redriverplanning.com.
- R.M. Run Recreation Programs and Events - all programs and events have been postponed until further notice or cancelled. Keep up to date on any changes at https://www.rmofstandrews.com/p/program-registrations
The following community cancellation and closure information will be updated on an ongoing basis:
- Clandeboye Community Club - is closed until further notice.
- St. Andrews Community Club - is closed until further notice.
- Netley Community Centre - is closed until further notice. The Executive has decided to cancel the Annual General Meeting for 2020. Though elections were slated for this year, current Executive will stay on until the next AGM set for the Spring of 2021.
- Matlock Recreation Club - is closed until further notice.
- Gordon Howard Centre - is closed until further notice.
If you have any questions or suggestions for updates, please contact us at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) or email email@example.com.
ALL RESIDENTS ARE URGED TO SIGN UP FOR 'CONNECT' TO STAY INFORMED
CONNECT is the communication system we use to alert you to the latest news and emergency updates. We will continue to communicate important updates to citizens as the situation with COVID-19 evolves. The best way to receive information is to register for CONNECT. This new system can text, call or email you with updates.
We want to communicate in the ways that best work for you. If you don't have internet access, please still register with CONNECT so we can phone you with important information. Please call the R.M. Office at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) for assistance with registration.
Sign up here.