Page Updated: April 1, 2020
COVID-19 COMMUNITY UPDATE
The R.M. of St. Andrews' focus is on protecting the health, safety and security of our residents and staff. At this time the Municipal Administration and Public Works Offices are closed to the public - however, we are continuing to operate as normally as possible. Staff can be reached via telephone at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) and email email@example.com. If you are making a tax payment, there is a black drop off box in front of the office where payment can be left.
We are paying close attention to every development and will make informed and responsible decisions regarding any necessary adjustments to normal practices.
This page will be updated regularly to keep residents informed.
FLOOD RESPONSE SAFETY AMID COVID-19 PANDEMIC
SAND AND SANDBAGS
For Petersfield and Netley Creek Area Residents: Beginning March 30, empty sandbags can be picked up at the Public Works Shop in Clandeboye between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. There is a limit of 200 empty bags per person. There is sand available in the public works yard where you can fill bags.
Flood Response Activity Summary Based on COVID-19 Constraints
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic this flood season, Safe Work Procedures are being finalized to ensure the safety of all flood response workers.
Please click here to read more on safety procedures for sandbag dike construction and sandbag production.
LOCAL BUSINESS SUPPORT
There are many local businesses throughout our Municipality who remain open during this COVID-19 pandemic. Many are open yet following mandated regulations, some have shortened their hours, others are providing drive-thru services and some are even providing home delivery.
If you are unable to leave your residence due to health or medical reasons, we encourage you to make a call to one of our many local businesses as many are going out of their way to help residents. They understand and know that some residents will still require groceries, necessities and other special items. Please make a call to find out what they can do to assist you. There is amazing community support in our municipality and we want to ensure everyone gets the help they need and so do they.
MARCH 27, 2020 NEWS RELEASE - PROVINCE OF MANITOBA LAUNCHES PROGRAM TO HELP MANITOBANS COPE WITH ANXIETY RELATED TO COVID-19 - Click here for Questions and Answers
PROVINCE LAUNCHES NEW ONLINE TOOL TO CONNECT VOLUNTEERS SAFELY WITH MANITOBANS NEEDING ASSISTANCE
This new initiative by the Manitoba Government safely matches volunteer and community support to those needing goods and services such as groceries, medication, snow clearing and various other necessities. Residents in the greatest need, such as the elderly, disabled and those at high risk of contracting COVID-19 during the current global pandemic, will find the application very useful. Manitobans can access www.helpnextdoormb.ca directly or via www.Manitoba.ca/COVID19.
If you know of anyone needing assistance and they do not have access to the internet such as a friend, neighbour or family member, please reach out and register them on-line as this is a great opportunity to ensure those who require assistance get the help they need.
ALL RESIDENTS ARE URGED TO SIGN UP FOR CONNECT
CONNECT is the communication system we use to alert you to the latest news and emergency updates. We will continue to communicate important updates to citizens as the situation with COVID-19 evolves. The best way to receive information is to register for CONNECT. This new system can text, call or email you with updates.
We want to communicate in the ways that best work for you. If you don't have internet access, please still register with CONNECT so we can phone you with important information. Please call the R.M. Office at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) for assistance with registration.
Sign up here at: http://www.rmofstandrews.com/p/register-with-us.
PUBLIC HEALTH AND VIRUS INFORMATION
For up-to-date information regarding personal preventative measures, testing and more, please go to the Province of Manitoba COVID-19 Public Health Website or the Government of Canada's dedicated webpage. For personal healthcare advice, you can call HealthLinks - Info Sante toll free at 1-888-325-9257 or visit the Interlake Eastern Regional Health Authority's webpage. Other general information on Health and Wellness can be found on our Recreation webpage Health and Wellness.
CHANGES TO R.M. FACILITIES, SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
The following changes are in effect to help keep our employees and citizens safe and to help stop the spread of COVID-19 virus. This information will be updated regularly as more information is available.
- The Municipal Administration Office and the Public Works Offices are closed to the public. Staff can be reached via telephone at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) and email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are making a tax payment, there is a black drop off box in front of the office where payment can be left.
Essential services remain in operation.
- Flood prevention management - work and maintenance is underway including the cleaning of drains as well as steaming of culverts.
- Fire Response - remains operational.
- Waste Disposal Grounds - remain operational but the Eco-Centres are closed and we will not be accepting oil, oil filters or oil containers at this time. Please do not enter the building and please practice social distancing and do not come within 2 meters of staff.
- Waste Disposal Ground Visits - Residents are requested to limit/minimize the frequency of visits to the landfills at this time. Reduce your trips to the landfills by composting on your own property, store recyclables and defer trips to the landfill as much as possible
- Clandeboye and Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds E-Waste - The custodians will not be accepting electronic waste at this time due to the additional handling required.
- Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds Paint and Lamps - The custodians will not be accepting paint products and fluorescent lamps and light bulbs at this time due to the additional handling required.
- Animal Control - remains operational.
- Public Works Operations - operations will continue as usual but the public is requested to abide by the social distancing requirements and are advised to not approach public works staff. If you need to discuss an issue, please call the office at 204-738-2076 or email email@example.com.
- The Red River Planning District Office is closed to the public. RRPD staff are still working and phone calls and emails will be answered. They will continue to accept and issue permit applications through alternative means. For more information visit their website www.redriverplanning.com.
- R.M. Run Recreation Programs and Events - most programs and events have been postponed until further notice.
The following community cancellation and closure information will be updated on an ongoing basis:
- RRRSA - Soccer season cancelled
- Parks Canada Sites: Lower Fort Garry and St. Andrews Rectory and Heritage Centre - PARKS CANADA IS CALLING ON ALL CANADIANS TO SUPPORT THE NATIONAL EFFORT TO LIMIT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 AND STAY HOME - The agency is temporarily suspending all motor vehicle access by visitors at all national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas effective 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, until further notice. All visitor services remain suspended and all visitor facilities remain closed. This means that all parking lots, vehicle services, trails, washrooms, day use facilities, showers, visitor centres and all camping facilities, including oTENTiks, yurts and backcountry camping, are closed until further notice. Highways and roadways which pass through Parks Canada places will remain open. Parks Canada will limit its activities to basic critical operations.
- Clandeboye Community Club - is closed until further notice
- St. Andrews Community Club - is closed until further notice
- Netley Community Centre - is closed until further notice. The Executive has decided to cancel the Annual General Meeting for 2020. Though elections were slated for this year current, the Executive will stay on until next AGM set for the Spring of 2021. Harold Dalman (President NCC)
- Petersfield Curling Club - is now closed for the season.
- Gaynor Family Regional Library - is closing to the public on March 18 at 5pm. Minimum staff will be in the building to handle shipments and dropbox returns as well as maintain elibrary services. More information is available on what services will be available during this time at www.gfrl.org.
- Red River North Tourism - Annual General Meeting scheduled for March 25 has been postponed. The meeting will be re-scheduled to sometime in May and the new date will be advertised.
- Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre - is temporarily closed until further notice.
- Matlock Recreation Club - is closed until further notice.
- Clandeboye and Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds Eco-Centres - we will not be accepting used oil, oil filters or oil containers at this time. Please do not enter the building.
- Interlake Juried Art Show - cancelled for 2020.
- Gordon Howard Centre - is closed until further notice.
If you have any questions or suggestions for updates, please contact us at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.