Page Updated: November 10, 2020
Effective Thursday, November 12, 2020 - The Province of Manitoba will move to the Critical Level (Red) on the Pandemic Response System. These new restrictions will come into effect 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, November 12, 2020.
R.M. of St. Andrews Office
- Updated Nov 5, 2020 - The RM Office and Public Works Office will be closed until further notice. Staff will continue to be available by phone and email and will be working from remote locations.
- Property Taxes should be paid on-line, mailed in or placed in our drop off box in front of the Municipal Office (more information here on Property Taxes)
- All inquiries should be done through email or phone call
Register for CONNECT and stay informed of the latest updates and information!
COVID-19 COMMUNITY UPDATE
The R.M. of St. Andrews' focus is on protecting the health, safety and security of our citizens and staff.
The Municipal Office and Public Works Office are currently closed to the public until further notice but staff can still be reached by phone or email.
We are paying close attention to every development and will make informed and responsible decisions regarding any necessary adjustments to normal practices as needed.
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA - CASES AND RISK OF COVID-19 IN MANITOBA
COVID-19 TESTING INFORMATION
Why should you get tested?
Understanding the patterns and trends of COVID-19 transmission is an important part of Manitoba’s reopening strategy. Information about how COVID-19 is spreading will give public health officials the data they need to gradually ease public health restrictions and make changes to other elements of the province’s COVID-19 response.
As Manitoba continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, your testing results are critical to help guide public health actions including rapidly finding cases, case isolation, and follow-up. Timely action will limit the effects of COVID-19 and help manage the province’s overall response.
For more information, go to Province of Manitoba's COVID-19 Testing Information
TEMPORARY LICENCED CHILD-CARE SYSTEM
All Manitobans returning to work are now eligible to access the temporary child-care system to find a location that meets their needs: Temporary Licenced Child-Care
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA'S STATE OF EMERGENCY AND PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS
The Province of Manitoba has a State of Emergency and Special Public Health Orders in effect. To view information on these issues and how they may affect you or your business, go to the Province of Manitoba website.
At the bottom of the Province's webpage are Frequently Asked Questions which provide answers to many questions you may have in regards to operations of businesses or just general questions on how these orders may apply to you.
I am not sure if my business is impacted by the public health orders, who can I contact?If you are unsure how the public health orders impact your business, you can contact Manitoba General Inquiry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 204-945-3744 or 1-866-MANITOBA (1-866-626-4862).
ONLINE TOOL TO CONNECT VOLUNTEERS SAFELY WITH MANITOBANS NEEDING ASSISTANCE
This new initiative by the Manitoba Government safely matches volunteer and community support to those needing goods and services such as groceries, medication, snow clearing and various other necessities. Residents in the greatest need, such as the elderly, disabled and those at high risk of contracting COVID-19 during the current global pandemic, will find the application very useful. Manitobans can access www.helpnextdoormb.ca directly or via www.Manitoba.ca/COVID19.
If you know of anyone needing assistance and they do not have access to the internet such as a friend, neighbour or family member, please reach out and register them on-line as this is a great opportunity to ensure those who require assistance get the help they need.
PUBLIC HEALTH AND VIRUS INFORMATION
For information on the Province of Manitoba's Orders and Regulations, please visit Province of Manitoba.
FEDERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Service Canada Offices located across Manitoba are available to provide assistance for the CERB program as well as other employment related programming.
The Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) includes the following programs:
Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
This program provides much needed credit for small businesses to pay for immediate operating costs such as payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, property tax or debt service. It is 100% funded by the Government of Canada.
EDC Loan Guarantee for Small and Medium Enterprises
This program provides credit and cash flow term loans to small and medium-sized enterprises. Canadian businesses in all sectors that were otherwise financially viable and revenue generating prior to the COVID-19 outbreak are eligible to apply. It allows financial institutions to issue operating credit and cash flow term loans of up to $6.25 million to existing clients, with 80% guaranteed by EDC. This money is to be used for operational expenses, not for dividend payouts, shareholder loans, bonuses, stock buyback, option issuance, increases to executive compensation or repayment/refinancing of other debt.
BDC Co-Lending Program for Small and Medium Enterprises
This program provides term loans for operational and liquidity needs of businesses, which could include interest payments on existing debt. Similar to the EDC program, this program is available to businesses that were financially viable and revenue-generating prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. Loans would be interest-only for the first 12 months, with a 10-year repayment period.
A MESSAGE FROM TRAVEL MANITOBA REGARDING MANITOBA'S TOURISM INDUSTRY
The Manitoba Government recently announced a new service that can help businesses, non-profit organizations and charities facing economic challenges due to COVID-19 connect to support programs like the 75% wage subsidy and the Canada Emergency Business Account, which offers interest-free loans of up to $40,000. We encourage you to take advantage of this provincial support. We also suggest you visit our new COVID-19 Manitoba Tourism Industry Toolkit, designed to assist Manitoba's tourism industry in navigating the available resources during this time.
CHANGES TO R.M. FACILITIES, SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
The following changes are in effect to help keep our employees and citizens safe and to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This information will be updated regularly as more information becomes available.
Essential services remain in operation.
- Fire Response - remains operational.
- Clandeboye and Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds and Eco-Centres - waste disposal grounds remain operational and all areas are now open. Please do not enter the Eco-Centre building and please practice social distancing and do not come within 2 meters of staff.
- Waste Disposal Ground Visits - Residents are requested to limit/minimize the frequency of visits to the waste disposal grounds at this time. Reduce your trips by composting on your own property, store recyclables and defer trips as much as possible.
- Animal Control - remains operational.
- Public Works Operations - operations will continue as usual but the public is requested to abide by the social distancing requirements and are advised to not approach public works staff. If you need to discuss an issue, please call the Public Works Office at 204-738-2076 or email email@example.com.
- The Red River Planning District Office is closed to the public. RRPD staff are still working and phone calls and emails will be answered. They will continue to accept and issue permit applications through various means. For more information visit their website www.redriverplanning.com.
- R.M. Run Recreation Programs and Events - all programs and events have been postponed until further notice or cancelled. Keep up to date on any changes at https://www.rmofstandrews.com/p/program-registrations
The following community cancellation and closure information will be updated on an ongoing basis:
- Clandeboye Community Club - is closed until further notice.
- St. Andrews Community Club - is closed until further notice.
- Netley Community Centre - is closed until further notice. The Executive has decided to cancel the Annual General Meeting for 2020. Though elections were slated for this year, current Executive will stay on until the next AGM set for the Spring of 2021.
- Matlock Recreation Club - is closed until further notice.
- Gordon Howard Centre - is closed until further notice.
If you have any questions or suggestions for updates, please contact us at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL RESIDENTS ARE URGED TO SIGN UP FOR 'CONNECT' TO STAY INFORMED
CONNECT is the communication system we use to alert you to the latest news and emergency updates. We will continue to communicate important updates to citizens as the situation with COVID-19 evolves. The best way to receive information is to register for CONNECT. This new system can text, call or email you with updates.
We want to communicate in the ways that best work for you. If you don't have internet access, please still register with CONNECT so we can phone you with important information. Please call the R.M. Office at 204-738-2264 or 1-866-738-2264 (toll free) for assistance with registration.