The R.M. would like to thank residents for their continued cooperation with recycling. Recycling numbers continue to rise in our municipality showing that residents do care about the environment and we truly appreciate these efforts. Everyone is doing a great job and we hope to see numbers rise even more.
A great resource of information on recycling can be found at Simply Recycle. If you are unsure of what items you can recycle, go to Recyclepedia. If you bring your recycling in a plastic bag, please empty the items from the bag and continue re-using your bags.
WHAT GOES IN YOUR RECYCLING BIN?
Use this chart to make sure your items end up in the right place!
PLASTIC RECYCLING MADE EASY!
Did you know that the number in the middle of the Mobius Loop is telling you what type of plastic it’s made of, not that it’s accepted in your recycling program? Find out more about what plastics can be recycled here.
The RM of St. Andrews has recycling depots at the following locations:
Earl Grey Waste Disposal Ground - Earl Grey Road
Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground - Bell Road
South St. Andrews Fire Hall - 5610 Highway No. #9
St. Andrews Airport - Airport Drive
NO PLASTIC BAGS can be placed in the recycling bins. Please empty your bag of recycling into the bin and re-use the bag.
For the most updated information on what can be recycled visit Simply Recycle or Recycle Manitoba.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE PRODUCTS
The Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds accept household hazardous waste products. For a full listing of products, check out this Household Hazardous Waste Products Brochure.
E-WASTE (ELECTRONICS WASTE)
The R.M. of St. Andrews has an agreement with EPRA to dispose of E-Waste. Residents can bring their unwanted electronics to the Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds. For a list of items to recycle, check out Recycle My Electronics.
PAINTS, PAINT AEROSOLS, FLUORESCENT LAMPS AND CFL'S
Only the Earl Grey Waste Disposal Grounds accepts these items.
TIRE STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM
The R.M. of St. Andrews has partnered with Tire Stewardship Manitoba for tire recycling. Both the Earl Grey and Clandeboye Waste Disposal Grounds will take unwanted tires and recycle them. Go to Tire Stewardship Manitoba for more information.
UPDATES TO PESTICIDE AND FERTILIZER CONTAINER COLLECTION PROGRAM
- Cleanfarms operates the collection program for <23L pesticide and fertilizer containers on behalf of Canada’s leading developers, manufacturers, distributors and retailers of pest control products and fertilizers. Together, these companies support good stewardship, in and away from the field.
- Over the next 3 years (2022 to 2024) the collection of <23L containers will transition from a municipal collection model to an ag-retail collection model.
- Due to the volume of pesticide containers collected at the Earl Grey & Clandeboye Waste Disposal Grounds (WDG’s), the RM of St. Andrews is one of the 1st locations to close down the pesticide and fertilizer collection facilities at our WDG’s.
- Since Spring 2022, ag-retail locations can collect <23L containers. The collection of pesticide containers at the WDG’s stopped as of the last pickup of containers that occurred in October.
- Residents must now return their agricultural pesticide and fertilizer containers to the ag-retail outlet where they were purchased.
- Regular Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) can continue to be dropped off at the Earl Grey WDG as that is the only HHW collection depot in St. Andrews.
Glass recycle bins are provided at both waste disposal grounds for glass deposit only. Glass can also be deposited in the regular recycle bins located at the South St. Andrews Fire Hall and St. Andrews Airport.
Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground
1 Half Bin
Pick-Up Days: Mondays & Fridays
Earl Grey Waste Disposal Ground
1 Half Bin
Pick-Up Days: Tuesdays
South St. Andrews Fire Hall
Pick-Up Days: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
St. Andrews Airport
Pick-Up Days: Every 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month
The RM has van trailers located at both the Earl Grey Waste Disposal Ground and Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground for disposing of mattresses and boxsprings. When placing mattresses and boxsprings in the trailer, be sure to place them vertically. Disposal fees for each mattress is $15 and $15 for each boxspring.
USED OIL RECYCLING & ECO-CENTRES
Eco-Centres are located at both waste disposal grounds to collect used oil, oil containers, oil filters and anti-freeze.
- The Clandeboye Eco-Centre is open each day during regular business hours.
- The Earl Grey Eco-Centre is only open on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
An operator must be present to accept the delivery of oil filters and containers.
Used Oil Program **This Program is subject to change each year.
- This program runs annually starting July until quantities last.
- Available at both the Earl Grey and Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground.
- 1 litre of SAE 5w30 oil is given back for every 12 litres of used oil that is brought in to be recycled.
- Amaximum of 12 litres of oil is provided per household/roll number.