Posted: June 3, 2021
COMPLETE OUR SOLID WASTE SURVEY NOW
The R.M. of St. Andrews is dedicated to finding a better means to dealing with our waste.
Today we are asking all residents and businesses in the RM to share their thoughts.
By giving us just ten minutes of your time, you will be providing us with the information and insight we need to make a positive change in our RM. We kindly ask you to answer as honestly as possible. We just want to know what people's thoughts are on this topic so we can plan for the future.
Remember to leave your name and email if you would like to be entered into a draw for a Tim Horton's gift card.
The Municipality has Two Waste Disposal Grounds:
Earl Grey Waste Disposal Ground - Located 1 mile west of PTH #8 on Donald Road and then a half mile south on Earl Grey Road and it's on the east side
Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground - Located on Bell Road, 1 mile southeast of Clandeboye and just off PTH #9
To ensure locations are managed in an environmentally sustainable manner, the Municipality has implemented the following rules for waste disposal grounds and recycling depots.
• All vehicles must report to the custodian prior to entry and show their Refuse Permit for access to the waste disposal grounds.
• All loads must be secured so that garbage does not fall off onto roadways and cause a danger to others.
• All household garbage must be bagged in at least a 70LB bag (regular green garbage bag).
• Separate garbage into the following categories: household, burnables, recyclables and compost materials.
• No plastic bags in the compost pile.
• No scavenging.
REFUSE PERMITS: Please ensure you have your Refuse Permit to gain access to the waste disposal grounds. If you do not have your Refuse Permit, access will be denied. The current permits are green and white in color. If you require a new permit, please obtain one from the Municipal Office or request one on through our Service Request System under Environment/Landfill Refuse Permit. There will be a $10 charge for replacement of permits.