The Municipality has Two Waste Disposal Grounds:
Earl Grey Waste Disposal Ground - Located 1 mile west of PTH #8 on Donald Road and then a half mile south on Earl Grey Road and it's on the east side
Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground - Located on Bell Road, 1 mile southeast of Clandeboye and just off PTH #9
To ensure locations are managed in an environmentally sustainable manner, the Municipality has implemented the following rules for waste disposal grounds and recycling depots.
- All vehicles must report to the custodian prior to entry and show their Refuse Permit for access to the waste disposal grounds.
- All loads must be secured so that garbage does not fall off onto roadways and cause a danger to others.
- All household garbage must be bagged in at least a 70LB bag (regular green garbage bag).
- Separate garbage into the following categories: household, burnables, recyclables and compost materials.
- All demolition waste must be sorted (shingles, wood, drywall etc.).
- No plastic bags in the compost pile.
- No scavenging.
REFUSE PERMITS: Please ensure you have your Refuse Permit to gain access to the waste disposal grounds. If you do not have your Refuse Permit, access will be denied. The current passes are green and white and are still being accepted but some have the wrong hours listed on them as they have since changed (no longer open until 8 at both sites). You are welcome to exchange your older pass for a new one at no charge and we will issue you a new blue and white one with the correct hours indicated on it. Both passes are being accepted at each waste disposal ground.
If you require a new permit, please obtain one from the Municipal Office or request one on through our Service Request System under Environment/Landfill Refuse Permit. There will be a $10 charge for replacement of permits.