The R.M. of St. Andrews appreciates all the recycling efforts of its residents and we continue to receive large volumes in our recycling bins every week.
We are requesting that residents please recycle responsibly so as not to contaminate the recyclable products with non-recyclable materials.
Only residents of the RM of St. Andrews are authorized to use these recycle bins. To find out more information on what materials are accepted in Manitoba, visit Simply Recycle.
Let’s all do our part to protect the environment and to minimize the cost of recycling in our community.
We look forward to everyone's anticipated cooperation.
The Municipality has Two Waste Disposal Grounds:
Earl Grey Waste Disposal Ground - Located 1 mile west of PTH #8 on Donald Road and then a half mile south on Earl Grey Road and it's on the east side
Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground - Located on Bell Road, 1 mile southeast of Clandeboye and just off PTH #9
To ensure locations are managed in an environmentally sustainable manner, the Municipality has implemented the following rules for waste disposal grounds and recycling depots.
• All vehicles must report to the custodian prior to entry and show their Refuse Permit for access to the waste disposal grounds.
• All loads must be secured so that garbage does not fall off onto roadways and cause a danger to others.
• All household garbage must be bagged in at least a 70LB bag (regular green garbage bag).
• Separate garbage into the following categories: household, burnables, recyclables and compost materials.
• No plastic bags in the compost pile.
• No scavenging.
REFUSE PERMITS: Please ensure you have your Refuse Permit to gain access to the waste disposal grounds. If you do not have your Refuse Permit, access will be denied. The current permits are green and white in color. If you require a new permit, please obtain one from the Municipal Office or request one on through our Service Request System under Environment/Landfill Refuse Permit. There will be a $10 charge for replacement of permits.