The Municipality has Two Waste Disposal Grounds:
Earl Grey Waste Disposal Ground - Located 1 mile west of PTH #8 on Donald Road and then a half mile south on Earl Grey Road and it's on the east side
Clandeboye Waste Disposal Ground - Located on Bell Road, 1 mile southeast of Clandeboye and just off PTH #9
To ensure locations are managed in an environmentally sustainable manner, the Municipality has implemented the following rules for waste disposal grounds and recycling depots.
- All vehicles must report to the custodian prior to entry and show their Refuse Permit for access to the waste disposal grounds.
- All loads must be secured so that garbage does not fall off onto roadways and cause a danger to others.
- All household garbage must be bagged in at least a 70LB bag (regular green garbage bag).
- Separate garbage into the following categories: household, burnables, recyclables and compost materials.
- All demolition waste must be sorted (shingles, wood, drywall etc.).
- No plastic bags in the compost pile.
- No scavenging.
REFUSE PERMITS: Please ensure you have your Refuse Permit to gain access to the waste disposal grounds. If you do not have your Refuse Permit, access will be denied. The current permits are green and white in color. If you require a new permit, please obtain one from the Municipal Office or request one on through our Service Request System under Environment/Landfill Refuse Permit. There will be a $10 charge for replacement of permits.
More information can be found here on hours of operation and tipping fees and recycling information.