R.M. OF ST. ANDREWS
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER POSITION
The RM of St. Andrews is committed to building a future that welcomes innovative new ideas and requires an experienced Economic Development Officer. This position provides a unique opportunity to build and establish a new economic development strategic foundation and directly influence business retention, growth, and attraction throughout the Municipality.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Economic Development Officer is a new position that will be responsible for:
- Managing economic development initiatives outlined in the Strategic Plan and development related projects;
- Acts as a liaison between the Municipality and stakeholders with respect to economic development (Provincial and Federal Government, private industry, financial institutions, non-government organizations);
- Researches government programs and manages grant applications for economic development projects;
- Conducts periodic research into community needs and sustainable economic development opportunities and maintains detailed economic, demographic and infrastructure (land and buildings) records to support the information needs of prospective business initiatives;
- Recruit, coordinate, and maintain contacts with commercial real estate brokers, developer, and land owners to create strategic opportunities to encourage new development;
- Manages the sale or subdivision of Municipal property;
- Maintains an up to date land supply/demand database;
- Implements strategic communications initiatives related to planning and economic development;
- Assists with community consultations for planning and economic development projects;
- Prepares reports, research papers, educational texts, articles, or blogs on development related issues or projects.
- Other work or projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in facilitating and promoting community and economic development. The candidate should have practical knowledge and experience in marketing, business development, public consultation and community engagement. A post secondary education in business administration, rural development, urban and regional planning or community development is required.
Interested applicants are to provide a professional resumé complete with (3) contact references to the Chief Administrative Officer at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Chief Administrative Officer
R.M. of St. Andrews
R.M. OF ST. ANDREWS
SUMMER STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The R.M. of St. Andrews is currently accepting applications for summer student positions with the municipality and for other positions located at different not-for-profit organizations in our community. Students are encouraged to apply by sending their current updated resume with a cover letter, stating the position(s) they are interested in applying for, along with their availability.
Please note that there are no job descriptions available for some of these positions at this time and not all positions will be required or filled as we are still waiting to receive funding decisions from granters. The number of positions, locations and work periods will be determined as soon as possible. Roles may include:
- * OFFICE CLERK - R.M. of St. Andrews Office - 1 Position - View Job Description here
- SUMMER CAMP LEADERS/ASSISTANTS - View Job Description here
- TREE MAINTENANCE - St. Andrews Airport Site - View Job Description here
- * HISTORIC INTERPRETERS - St. Andrews Rectory - View Job Description here
- * TOURISM ASSISTANTS - Red River North Tourism - 1 Position - View Job Description here
Please submit on or before Friday, May 29, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. by email to Teresa at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 204-738-2500.
* This job opportunity is available through a Manitoba Metis Federation grant and is open to any applicants of Metis, Non-Status or Inuit decent. Grant requirements specify that applicants must be students between the ages of 15-30 who attended school full-time during the preceding year and who intend to return to school on a full-time basis in fall 2020 (part-time and distance education students do not qualify). We wish to thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.