The Municipal Act states that general municipal elections must be held every four years on the fourth Wednesday in October. 2022 is an election year and Wednesday, October 26th, 2022 is election day for the R.M. of St. Andrews.
The RM has seven elected positions: one mayor and six councillors. There is one councillor in each ward. The mayor represents the entire RM.
You can find answers to most of your election FAQs at the province’s municipal election website.
You are eligible to vote in the RM of St. Andrews if the following applies:
- You must be a Canadian citizen
- You must be at least 18 years of age on election day
- You must be a resident of the municipality OR a registered owner of a property for at least six months before election day (since April 26, 2022)
When do I vote?
Between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm on Wednesday, October 26, 2022.
*Identification may be required before being allowed to vote.
Do I need identification to vote?
A voter may be asked to produce identification if there are questions about the voter’s eligibility. All voters should bring ID with them to the voting place, or when requesting a sealed envelope ballot in person. Even voters who request a sealed envelope ballot in writing must submit photocopies of their ID when applying to vote.
Acceptable identification includes an official document issued by the federal, provincial or municipal government that contains the voter’s name, address and photograph or at least two documents that provide evidence satisfactory to the election official.
What if my name does not appear on the voters list and I have owned property for more than 6 months?
If your name is not on the voters list, you can still register to vote upon arrival at the voting station on election day. However, you will be asked to provide photo identification so ensure you bring acceptable identification with you. Acceptable identification includes an official document issued by the federal, provincial or municipal government that contains the voter's name, civic address and photograph or at least two documents that provide evidence satisfactory to the election official.
- Advance Voting
- October 15, 2022 from 8am to 8pm - St. Andrews Community Club - 28 St. Andrews Road - St. Andrews
- October 22, 2022 from 8am to 8pm - location change
RM of St. Andrews Municipal Office - 500 Railway Avenue - Clandeboye- *see below
- *Due to construction in the Council Chamber and possible bad weather, the advance poll this Saturday October 22nd from 8am – 8pm will be held in the Public Works Shop in Clandeboye instead of the Municipal Office (it's the white building straight north of the RM Office).
- Mail in Ballots
- A voter may apply in two ways: in Person and in writing beginning September 28 to October 21, 2022
Polling Stations/Voting Locations
*NEW* You can now find out the location of your polling station by entering your address or roll number in the search bar of this new interactive map. It will also provide directions if you are unsure of where it is located.
Polling stations will be open from 8am to 8pm on Wednesday, October 26, 2022
WARDS 1, 2 & 3
St. Andrews Community Club - 28 St. Andrews Road - St. Andrews
Selkirk Community Church - 6569 Highway #9 - on Selkirk By-Pass
Clandeboye Community Hall - 111 Main Street - Clandeboye
Petersfield Community Hall - 401 Main Street - Petersfield [Electors North of Centre Line of Hall Road to South Side of Henry Road]
Netley Community Hall - 693 Kreamer Road - Netley [Electors on North Side of Henry Road to South Side of Pilatski/Chalet Beach Road]
Matlock Recreation Hall - 77 Matlock Road - Matlock [Electors on North Side of Pilatski/Chalet Beach Road North to municipal boundary]
After a candidate has registered, which for mayor is between May 1 and September 20, 2022 and for council is between June 30 and September 20, 2022, they might visit your home to talk with you. Candidates are prepared to show photo ID on request.
Public Notices ** will continue to populate as notices are published
- Notice of Election
- Notice of Nominations for Mayor and Councillors
- Additions to the Voters List and/or Personal Security Protection Requests – click to read how to go about making changes/revisions to the voters list
- Notice of Registration
Margaret Davidson, Senior Election Official
Phone: (204) 785-0174